This Guide is for users Setting up outlook for the first time or users Editing email settings.
Summary: Setup Microsoft Outlook 2007 to receive and send email.
1. If you are opening outlook 2007 for the fist time, the Welcome to Outlook 2007 start up will automatically pop up.
Click next twice and proceed to step 3, otherwise go to tools on the menubar and select Email Accounts
2. Make sure the EMAIL tab is selected and click new...
3.Â SelectÂ Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click next.
4.Â SelectÂ Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click next.
5. Fill in relevant fields with your account information
- Your name- This is the name people will see when they receive a mail from you.
- Email Address- this will usually be your email@example.com, com, net etc.
- Account type- pop3 or imap
- incoming mail server- elive usually use mxin, followed by your domain (eg mxin.yourdomain.ie)
- outgoing server- smtp.yourdomain
- User name & password
6. Click next & Finish
Once done click send /receive and your mail will be downloaded to your inbox.