This Guide is for users Setting up outlook express for the first time or users editing email settings.
Summary: Setup Outlook Express to receive and send email.
1. If you are opening outlook express for the very first time, the internet connection wizard will open automatically. If not, go to tools on the menubar and click Accounts.
2.Â ClickÂ Add, thenÂ Mail. This will launch theÂ Internet Connection Wizard
3.Â Enter your full name (This is the name recipients will see when they receive a mail from you) and clickÂ Next.
4.Â Enter the address you're setting up and click next.
5.Â Fill in the mail server addresses and click next.
- Incoming mail server for Elive is usually POP or IMAP
- Incoming mail server address is address supplied by Elive (e.g. MXIN.YOURDOMAIN.IE, NET, COM etc..)
- Outgoing mail server address is SMTP.YOURDOMAIN.IE,NET,COM etc..)
6. Fill in yourÂ E-mail username andÂ password and click next.
- Make sure Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is UNCHECKED.
7. Click finish then close to get back to your inbox.
8. Click Send/receive to receive mails.