in 2016, the IE Domain Registry opened the Secondary Market on .ie domains, making it possible to buy and sell .ie domain on the open market.
If you are buying or selling an existing , registered, .ie domain, here is some information on the process and fees applicable.
Once you have agreed a price with a domain seller, you have to follow these steps:
- Contact Elive and proved the domain name you are buying
- We will enter your details with the IE Domain Registry to verify you comply with their requirements for connection to Ireland to hold a .ie Domain
- Once verified, the IEDR will issue an AuthCode to you which is valid for 90 days.
- Provide this code to the seller.
- Once the financial dealings are complete, the seller uses this code to finalise the transfer to you.
- FEES: Once off Fee of €25 to the buyer and standard domain transfer fees may also apply if domain is being renewed for an extra year.
If you have a .ie Domain and wish to sell it, then you can advertise it using various mechanisms, such as online auction sites, or by standard advertising means.
Once you have agreed a price with a potential buyer, you have to follow these steps:
- Inform the buyer that they need to comply with the IE Domain Registry's terms and meet the requirements.
- Buyer will follow the steps above with their Registrar
- Buyer will supply you with an AuthCode.
- Once you have completed the financial dealings, send that AuthCode on to us at email@example.com
- We will use that to release the domain to the buyer.
- FEES: Once off Fee of €50 to the seller to be paid in advance of the transfer.